Contrat postdoctoral- Transcriptomique des interactions hôtes/parasites du paludisme – 18 mois
Postdoctoral position– Advanced transcriptomic study of host/malaria parasite interactions
Closing Date – 1 July 2021
Start Date– 1 September 2021
Contract Length– 18 months, renewable
Employer– University of Montpelier, MIVEGEC
About the team
Our team studies malaria parasites using a range of advanced transcriptomics and deploys them in a
variety of settings including the lab and parasites directly collected in naturally infected carriers in
Cameroon and Benin.
We are especially interested in understanding the parasites’ response to different environments to
enhance transmission and the host pathogen interactions underlying pathology of non-severe and
severe malaria. The team consists of research technicians, postdocs and PhD students and we are
actively collaborating with colleagues in endemic countries.
As part of these efforts we have generated dual parasites and host single cell transcriptomic data as
well as spatial transcriptomics datasets which we will analyse in tandem.
We are a multidisciplinary and diverse team within a prolific and exciting institute which includes state
of the art facilities including a high-performance computing cluster.
We seek to recruit a postdoctoral fellow interested in studying host pathogen interactions using both
parasite and human transcriptomic data. The post holder will set-up analysis pipelines, lead and
implement data analysis. The post holder will be creative, curious, and ambitious and tackle challenging
biological data analysis problems and lead analysis aspects of the projects.
● A degree or further degree related to biology/computer science ideally at PhD level or
● Excellent Programming skills in R or python
● A proven track record demonstrating strong analytical skills
● Experience with NGS data, preferably transcriptomics data
● Experience in preparing manuscripts for publication
● Experience of statistical analysis of large datasets
● Ability to work collaboratively with a range of collaborators at all levels
● Effective communication skills within the team and with collaborators
● Efficient time management
● Proficiency in English
Informal enquiries can be addressed to email@example.com
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV